Sunday 22 March 2009

Point Pleasant

There are days when everything seems so negative. There are others where the opposite is true. Yesterday, was one of these.

As the docking clamps released my Incursus Class Frigate, 'République', I couldn't help but dwell on the Sparring session I'd arranged with Celia a few days back. There was a party on at the Three Sisters Bar tonight, and I didn't want to show up covered in bruises. Well, I suppose that wasn't the only thing on my mind, but I don't think I'm ready to face the other things yet.

A quick patrol into Uncharted space was organized. It was brief and uneventful. Scans picked up a number of Recently anchored structures, and a Dominix Class Battleship, which quickly disappeared from scanners. We re-entered K-Space disappointed and empty handed, heading back into Tzvi, and attempting to catch a 24IC Thrasher. He made himself scarce when we showed up. I headed station-side to meet with Celia, and the rest of the patrol carried on into the Bleak Lands.

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at how relaxing the Sparring session was. The Gym itself was as I expected, but Celia... Celia was not. To be entirely honest, I'm not sure what I had expected.
We exchanged blows, and talked, about our pasts, Education, A few problems we'd had with people previously. I felt more relaxed than I had in a long time, and I was caught offguard, both literally and mentally when she asked about my Supression Subroutines. I was amazed anyone would even want to consider using them after people saw what I went through with it. I went over some of the nastier side effects and rapidly changed the subject in an effort to put her off. I wouldn't want to see anyone have to go through what I did.

Once sparring was over, we took the Interbus over to Jel, and made for the Three Sisters Laguna. It felt odd being back in Sinq Laison, yet not seeing any of my old FNA associates. I suppose they've all moved on like me.
Still, the party was good. Kimochi nearly broke my arms because she though I was ogling her from under the water, which I found immensely funny. Commander Yishal saved the day by pointing out that I'd probably enjoy it, causing Kimochi to let go, and settle for ducking my head under the water instead.

All in all, I enjoyed the party. I was relaxed, but my mind felt so... clouded, Like I didn't know what to do next. Things keep flashing through my mind, and I'm pretty sure it's not my implants playing up again...

No comments: