Monday 15 June 2009

Surprises

The feed clicks on. Rather than his apartment, Milo can be seen in a hanger control room. The camera pans around, revealing him to be alone. Through the viewing screen can be seen a number of techs bustling around a Comet class frigate. Milo looks over at it, and smiles.

Surprises. They occur more often than you might think. I've had a lot since I hooked up with the Ghosts, but nothing like this.

He gestures at the Comet.

For example, actually being accepted into Ghost Festival, considering my background caught me
by surprise. Losing my Ishkur for the first time caught me by surprise, as did my peers. I arrived expecting to be shunned and avoided but this is so- different.

He stops for a moment, turning back to the comet to give orders to one of the technicians, who seems to be explaining a lack of powergrid will cause issues with the weapons that need to be mounted. After about a minute of heated discussion, the
technician hurries off and shouts some orders. Milo turns back to the camera.

Oh yes. The Comet. This arrived from Alillere, the nearest retail outlet that does courier contracts from Aurcel. This was sent by my parents, I'm sure of it. It- I think it means they want to speak with me. I've had no contact with them since I left Livetech. I'm pretty sure they got this to me via IHLS. If they know exactly where I'm based, I'll be worried.

He Pauses


I don't think they'll approve of my chosen career path, but they have a right to know. Even if this means rejection all over again.


The feed closes, the PRETA logo flashing on screen for a second before it goes totally blank.




No comments: