Friday 28 August 2009

Returns

Milo can be seen sitting at his desk. A thin layer of dust covers the worksurface in front of him. He brushes some of it away with his hand and sighs.

That was fairly horrible.

He reaches across off-screen and starts unpacking a case, continuing to talk as he does so.

Another damn attempt to get me back.

He scowls.

Emotional blackmail, My Sister's illness, My Father's problems. Mother seems almost desperate to get me back to Aurcel for good. I think-

He pauses.

If the others had be there I might- I might've stayed. For all I knew I was being lied to. Not once did I see any other relatives. It's almost as if they'd moved off-planet. I couldn't track them, records were obscure, or blocked, and all the while my Mother spouting these- lies!

Milo is almost shouting now, hurling things across the room as he unpacks his suitcase. He jumps as something hits the far wall with a crack. He sits up, closes his eyes and breathes deeply.

I realised about half-way though the week I'd forgotten to tell Celia, or anyone else for that matter, where I was going and decided to cut my visit short. I left quietly, leaving a note for Mother telling her not to try and track me. I doubt that'll deter the woman though. I left via private shuttle rather than Interbus this time. Should make me slightly harder to follow.

He sighs.

Still, I'm going to have to do something about it eventually. I need to get ahold of my Father and my Sister before anything else, and now I have the Cartel's equipment and expertise at my disposal I can afford to put less time towards finding them-

He cuts off. There's a buzz and Milo hurries off-screen, hurrying back for a second to turn the camera drone off. The PRETA logo flashes on-screen for a moment before the feed closes.

No comments: